Applied Chemistry Research Centre is executing R&D activities. Besides that it also provides consultancy/advisory and analytical testing services to various public and private sectors in the field of plastic and polymer, textile, agrochemicals, oils & fats, ores / minerals, Fine chemicals etc. The center is comprised of highly qualified, dedicated and skilled manpower.
- Optimum utilization of indigenous recourses.
- Development of technologies around local resources to substitute import and enhance export.
- Execution of research and development on the problems faced by industries.
- Undertake cooperative research with local and foreign R & D organization.
- To ensure confidence, impartiality, judgment and operational integrity.
SECTIONS OF THE CENTRE:
- Textile (In charge: M. Aleem Ahmed)
- Oil & Fat (In charge: Ms. Rubina Saleem)
- Plastic & Polymer (In charge: Dr. Khalil Ahmed)
- Analytical Testing Services (In charge: Dr. Sofia K. Alvi)
- Agro / Industrial Chemical (In charge: Rashid Ali Siddiqui)
- To conduct Research & Development in the field of applied Chemistry.
- To facilitate industries by providing services.
- To develop process for industries.
- Production of fine and agro chemicals
- Human resource development through training.
HEAD OF CENTRE:
Dr. Khaula Shirin
Principal Scientific Officer